Lean Body Workout Plan
Lee's Exercise Tips
- Practicing correct form (the way that you perform any exercise) will ensure that you get the best and safest workout possible.
- Each repetition should take you 1 - 2 seconds to lift and 2 to 3 seconds to return to the starting position.
- Resist the urge to swing the weight!
- Don't rely solely on gravity to bring a weight down. Keep it controlled.
- The time of rest between exercises should be however long it takes you to catch your breath.
- The break time between body parts can be between 3-5 minutes.
Week 1, Day 1 Nutrition
To keep your meal plan exciting and full of great tasting foods, I'm going to give you meal recommendations once a week. These meals fit perfectly into the Lean Body Nutrition program, and I love these recipes because they combine taste, healthy nutrition and convenience. Your recommended meal of the week is Sweet Potato Salmon combined with some Grilled Veggies.
This meal fulfills the rule of thirds with a great protein source, carb source and vegetables. To learn how to make these foods check out the complete recipe in the Lean Body Recipes Guide.
Sweet Potato Salmon
Estimated Prep Time: 10 min
Estimated Cook Time: 25 min
Makes 2 servings
Pecans 6 chopped
- Peel the yams and cut them into large chunks. Place the in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil, and cook until soft, 15 to 20 min. Remove from the heat, drain, add sugar and cinnamon, and whip with a handheld mixer until fluffy. Set aside and keep warm.
- While the yams are cooking, heat the grill or a heavy skillet. Rinse the salmon and pat it dry with paper towels. Place it skin-side down on the grill and top each piece with half of the butter. Cook undisturbed until the salmon flakes easily, about 10 to 15 min; do not turn.
- Just before the salmon is done, heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the spinach, cover, and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, about 2 min. (You want the spinach to wilt and shrink, but not become soggy.)
- Place a scoop of mashed yams on each serving plate. Top with spinach. Slide a spatula between the fish and the skin, and lift off the fish. Place the fish on the spinach. (You can remove the skin from the grill and discard it after dinner.) Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and serve.